May 24, 2008

7 months old

As always, I'm playing catch up with my blog - so here goes another long one.....

Brent and I made a trip to Texas this past week to celebrate my brother, Josh's, 30th birthday with a surprise party that Tiffany planned for him. (He was going to be out of town on his actual birthday - June 1st) Here is a photo of Josh with Katie, both trying to eat their feet....



and here is Josh's cake that Tiff made for him...



It was a great trip! I love being with my family. I get to missing them when I'm miles away in Arkansas. I'm kind of like Sandy the Squirrel for you guys out there that watch SpongeBob. Have you ever seen the episode where she sings about missing Texas? Brent says I sing just like her.

Also on the trip, Brent got to play golf with my brothers and Dad. Eli was on the team too, but he's not in this photo. I'm sure my Dad would want me to mention that his team came in second in the tournament. It was a golf tournament to benefit Boles Children's Home....



.... and I got spoiled by mom, as always. She watched Jack for me while I got to go shopping, get a haircut, and hang out with Tiff. One early morning she woke up at 6:00 with me to watch him so I could get some more sleep! I love my momma!



We also got to spend time with Uncle Eli and Aunt Amy. Tiff and I love it when Aunt Amy comes to visit because she is great with the kids! Oddly enough, I don't have a picture of them two from the trip.

Jack got to get to know his sweet cousin, Katie a little more. I love watching them interact. They're only 4 days apart and it's so sweet to watch them finally notice each other now that they're 7 months old.








Speaking of - Jack turns 7 months old today! He's sitting up quite well now and more fun than ever. He says MaMa pretty good (especially when he's hungry) and Baba, though we don't know what that one means. Brent is hoping that DaDa is next.













Here is a photo of the finished foundation of the studio! Brent has done a GREAT job getting everything perfectly square! I can't wait for it to be finished. We'll keep you posted on the progress...



On a sad note, Brent and I came back sick from Texas. Here is my pitiful face so maybe I can get a little sympathy. :)
Please pray that Jack doesn't catch this mess!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I am sure your mama just HATES taking care of that ball of sunshine! :) I know my mother just dreads when she has to take care of the grandkids (wink, wink). Cute hair, by the way. And also, I had the stomach crud about a month ago. It was awful. Hope you are better! Love!

Anonymous said...

HAhaha! I look at all these pics and laugh every time! He is such a cute cuz, i just want to squeeze the daylights outa him! I want to hear him say mama!

Evan