May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I had my first mother's day yesterday and everyone made me feel very appreciated. I think it will be even more special when Jack brings me a scribbled up piece of paper, that reads, in red crayon, "i luv u momma"... I know my heart will melt. I already feel special enough everytime I look at him and he smiles back with his gummy grin. I think God for my little bundle of joy He sent me 6 1/2 months ago.

Here is a photo of my little darlin' -



I also want to say a very special thank you to my mother. I know now what she went through to raise me and my brothers. It couldn't be easy raising a whiny little girl and two hardheaded boys... but she did it so well and made us feel like we were the apple of her eye and her most important priority. She has taught me so much and among her many qualities I would have to say her most oustanding one is how completely unselfish she is. She has the uncanny ability to fix dinner, entertain her new grandchildren, and give each of her children her complete attention (which usually comes with a head rub and back scratchin'!). Yes, we're spoiled rotten. She gives and gives her time, love, and energy, and never asks for anything in return. I love you Mom!

No comments: