April 15, 2008

Backtrack - Texas Trip





Jack & Katie - Cousins

I thought I would post a few photos from our trip to Texas that we took last month. Brent went to Mexico with our church - Silver City - to build a house for a family there while I stayed in Texas with my family for a week. I had so much fun hanging out with my new little niece, Katie - born 4 days before Jack - and seeing her and Jack interact. It was also wonderful to be with my mom & dad and sis-in-law, Tiffany. Mom & Dad spoiled me, of course.... and Tiff and I had a blast hanging out all week. I also got to go out with Tiff and my other great sis-in-law, Amy, to IKEA (a HUGE furniture store outside of Dallas). It was so nice to be "kid-free" for a fun girl outing.



Jack getting a kiss from Granny!




The Silver City group on their way home from Mexico

Brent's trip was very productive and a blessing to two families in Mexico. Every year our church has gone to Juarez to build a house. I have gone for the past 5 years and this was my first year to not be able to go. I was so happy that Brent was able to make the trip because he headed up a site team this year. Usually we just build one house, but this year the group built two houses! Praise God for the work they did there! I'm sure I'll write more on Silver City in the future - our church family truly is "family" to us ... I'm so thankful for everyone there.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Kate looks SO MUCH like Tiffany! That's unreal! She's adorable.

Unknown said...

Oh! This is fabulous!! Beautiful pictures of beautiful babies and a healthy God-loving family having a positive impact on the world. Now we need Tiff to create one so we can watch and celebrate the growth of both sweet families. Love you oodles! Aunt Wanda