April 23, 2008

Hopey

Today I had a suprise visit from my old roomie, Hope! Hope and I were roomies our last year of college with 4 other girls and then we also lived in Little Rock together right after college. I was a graphic designer at a small advertising agency and she was a teacher at CAC (Central Arkansas Christian). We had some fun times together. I love how Hope is so worry free and can be anything she wants to be. Notice I said she "was" a teacher. Well, one day Hope decided to be a midwife - so, she ups and does it. Now she just graduated from midwife school and got a job being a midwife at a hospital in Rogers! She decides to do something and she does it -- something I always wished I could do. Some fun memories with Hope would be how she could fall alseep in 1 second or less.... How her family taught me to speak in "ners" (hopener, lovener, hiner) .... the time I tried to tell her that Brent and I were "just friends" but somehow she saw right through that... going to my first Hogs game and teaching me the ins and outs of Hog football! Now I'm a fan for good. People think it's because I married a UA graduate - but really it's the Huckeba family that showed me the Hog life. :)

Here is a photo of Aunt Hope and Jack together ....



Here are a few photos of Jack being absolutely adorable while watching Brent work outside....


1 comment:

Josh and Marcie said...

That is so funny when you were talking about Hope I got the exact same experiences- especially the new language thing. We were blessed by her. The pics are adorable!