June 29, 2008

Annual Boy Camping Trip 2008

Here are some photos of Jack with Uncle Eli ...







This past weekend Brent went with Eli (my youngest brother) and Derek (his best friend from college) on a float trip on Crooked Creek in Yellville, AR. I title this "annual trip" because Eli started this "only boys float trip weekend" a few years ago. The week before he married Amy he wanted to have a last "guy weekend" with his groomsmen. Well, I guess it really wasn't the "last" boy trip because now he does it every year. Last year they went on the Buffalo River with their good friend John (also from college) And this year Brent joined the crew and they floated Crooked Creek. I have a feeling the tradition will continue.

They had a good time on Friday heading out and fishing along the creek. They camped that night on a gravel bar and at 5:00 am on Saturday morning a huge storm blew through Yellville and surrounding areas. It was so loud it woke all of us up at the Henson house and most definitely woke the boys up in their tents. From what I hear, Brent was the only one of the three who had their rain fly on their tent so, as the story goes, Eli and Derek had to jump out in their unders!, in the pouring rain to get their tents covered. I'm sure that was a sight to see. Unfortunately it didn't stop raining all morning and it was predicting bad weather all day so they had to cut their trip short and take out the canoes at the next access point. I was very relieved because I was slightly worried about them with all the lightning around.

Jack and I stayed with Lee, Andrea, and Noah. It's always a treat to stay with our good friends, the Hensons. They took good care of us and treated me to a movie rental after a delicious meal of steak, potatoes, squash, and homemade biscuits! Noah was as funny as always. Here are a few photos of Noah, Jack, and Brent at the coffee shop. Brent asked Noah if he wanted to smell Jack's feet and everytime he did he would say "Shooooeeee!"





This is the only photo I have of the three boys together. Brent saw this sign as we were driving home from Yellville to Vilonia and almost immediately his cell phone rang and Eli and Derek said we had to turn around to get a photo of this church sign. I have to admit, it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I mean really - who makes these sayings up?



This next photo Eli took while I was feeding Jack at the coffee shop! What a great photo little Bro! I guess the photographer genes run through all of the Clems.



Derek is a friend of Eli's from Harding that all of the Clem family decided to make into an honorary family member. We found out after Eli first met him that he didn't live too far from our house in Texas! He's like another brother to me. He married a girl he met at Harding, Rachel, and they live in south Texas while Derek goes through med school. Here's Derek relaxing in the coffee shop after the trip was over...



Here's a few more photos of my adorable son...



These are a couple of pics I took at the house a few days ago. I put him in this diaper box so I could wash my hands or something and he ended up loving it! So, I added a few toys and now I use the box all the time.



No comments: