June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Today I celebrate two people. My own father, Buster Clem, and my husband, Brent. Let's start with my hubby....

He is an absolute amazing father to Jack. He's not scared of diaper changings (well, unless it's an explosion diaper, then we're all scared) and he's so good about taking the second shift in the mornings to get up with Jack. He was by my side through delivery (or rather, surgery) and slept by my side every night in the hospital helping me get up to do everything (even pee) and to help with the baby. You can see in his eyes, everytime he holds Jack, how much he adores him. You can also see the adoration in Jack's eyes as well because if there is one person that Jack is going to smile at - it's Brent. Brent mentions everytime he goes to do anything of how he can't wait until Jack can come with him (especially fishing trips).

Happy Father's Day Sweetheart! I love you!

Here is the card that Jack and I made Brent...





I took this picture two days ago. It was so cute that everytime Brent shook his Sonic ice, Jack would shake his sippy cup of juice. And everytime Brent would drink, Jack would take a drink.



Here they are on the tractor ....



And this is just adorable ...



Now about my Pop...

My Dad is one in a million. You can search everywhere and you won't find another Dad like him. I am always so proud to show Dad off to friends because he is so funny! I look up to him for his humor, because I've always wanted to be able to make people laugh like he does.

My Dad was everywhere I was in high school. He was at every sporting event, every awards ceremony, every prom, and even my senior trip to San Antonio. He didn't miss a moment of my life and I love that about him. He taught me everything I know about basketball. If I wanted to go to the gym, he made sure it was open. He drove me EVERY year to Austin to watch the girl's state basketball tournament. It was a special trip that I always looked forward to.

I remember calling Dad from Crowley's Ridge College (in Paragould, AR) and telling him I didn't think I could stay any longer - I was having a tough semester. He told me "you just say the word and I'll be up there to get you tonight". I didn't end up going, but it was so comforting to know that my Dad was there for me.

He also taught me everything I know about photography. He's like my "on-call" photography doctor. Anytime I have a question, I call him and he'll stop everything to help me. He's supplied us with every camera we own and helped us get going on our business. I am forever thankful to him for sharing all his wisdom on taking pictures!

I love my Dad so much. Thank you Poppy! I am so blessed to be your daughter! Happy Father's Day!





It's hard to catch Dad in a photo because he is the one always taking them, so here is a photo of a fun family trip we took to the Buffalo in the winter a few years ago. We're all being silly in this picture...

No comments: