October 29, 2008

Jack's 1st Birthday



Well, I must say Jack is one lucky boy because he got 2 birthday parties this year! One in Texas and one in Arkansas. Too bad he won't even remember the event. But I think I have enough photos that he could get a play by play.

We celebrated on October 18th in Texas for Jack and my niece, Katie. Katie was born 4 days before Jack (because Jack came a little early) We didn't expect them to be that close together but we're so excited they are. My sister-in-law, Tiffany, planned a party where everyone dressed up like a Disney movie. Each family had to be from the same movie. It was just an immediate family birthday party so my brothers, their wives, Katie, Jack, parents, and my grandmother (Nanny). Tiff is an awesome decorator and painted everything in an "Under the Sea" theme. (Free hand painted) Katie was Aerial from "The Little Mermaid" and Jack was Nemo from "Finding Nemo" I spent a long time making Jack's costume because the Disney Store costume is EXPENSIVE! And I must say, I am kind of proud of the way it turned out. However, I didn't spend hardly anytime on me and Brent and our costume was HORRIBLE! If you're wondering from the photo below who we're supposed to be.. it's Darla and the dentist from Finding Nemo. I know... pretty sad costumes. On the other hand, Tiffany made each costume in her family and they turned out great! '


Dad & Mom - The Incredibles (My Dad wore tights!)
Nanny - Fairy Godmother
Tiff, Josh, Katie - The Little Mermaid (Josh is King Triton and Tiff is Urcela)
Eli & Amy - Tinkerbell and Captain Jack Sparrow (His Peter Pan outfit didn't arrive in time)
Us - Darla, dentist, and the cutest Nemo you've ever seen



My Little Nemo


Jack was done with the party at cake time, can you tell?


The decorated corner


Jack's present from Granny & Pop


Uncle Eli makes a funny face


my parents... the Incredibles


Fairy Godmother with the cute little sea creatures


the beautiful Aerial

His second birthday party I planned for October 25th. It wasn't as decorated as the Disney party, but I thought it turned out really cute! It wouldn't have turned out looking so pretty if it wasn't for the help from Sunnie. She brought mums and punch bowl and all kinds of accessories. We had snacky foods, cake, cupcakes, ice cream, punch, and sodas. A special thanks also to Amy for helping cook and to Mason for videoing and to Mandy & Molly for taking pictures for me.

There was a table of Jack photos (which is a bunch of photos!), a table for food, a corner for presents, and little photo magnets as a party favor. We had many family and friends show up and I was so happy that almost everyone that got invitations came! Thank you all for coming and for the adorable presents you brought!

It was Jack's first time to eat cake and I think he loved it (especially the icing). Here are some photos from the event...




Jack eats cake!


and opens presents - check out the cute hat that Teague made!


The adult chocolate cakes



The tables decorated in Fall colors


Jack looks at his homemade book from Amber Mullins (she also made him an awesome blanket & onsie!)


Cousin Evan feeds Jack dinner


Everyone sings Happy Birthday to Jack


Sunnie holds Jack and Anna Claire

Jack's actual birthday is October 24th. I still can't believe that he is one year old! I remember so vividly the day I was sitting at Sunnie & Charles' house, stood up and my water broke. Boy, that was wierd... I knew I couldn't be peeing in my pants so much. So off we go to the hospital and my little boy was born at 2:05 in the morning.
It seems like only yesterday he was so tiny....



3 comments:

Lindy said...

awwwww, April, your baby boy is getting so big!!! He is so beautiful :0) -- looks like he had lotsa fun celebrating his special day!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Jack! We have the same birthday! Can't believe our babies are already 1! Looks like he enjoyed his cake.

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness! Your family is hilarious! I can't believe he's one!