August 15, 2008

April Fest 2008

I turned 28 this year on July 23rd. Brent called that day - April Fest '08. He told me I could do whatever I wanted to do... I chose to go shopping! I had already taken the whole day off from photos because who works on their birthday???

Let me back up a bit - April Fest '08 may have been on one day but somehow I managed to make it spread through a whole week. The Sunday before my birthday we had a celebration at Brent's aunt's house for me and for Sunnie. Her birthday falls the day before mine so we always get to celebrate together. We ate some delicious burgers, baked beans, shrimp, and blackberry cobbler and got to do a little swimming in Netta's pool.

Here are a few photos of Jack and Brent from that party....









I don't have any photos of me from the birthday party - but Brent took some of Jack and me today that I'll post later on.

So anyways, April Fest continued to my actual birthday and I went shopping at 1/2 of 1/2. It's a clothing store in North Little Rock that carries lots of name brand clothes at 1/2 of 1/2 the price! Yes, some of the items have a missing button or a broken zipper or something wrong with it, but not all of them. Usually I find awesome deals there, but this particular trip I only came out with two items. I think my bad luck was because the place was PACKED that day and I couldn't get around the store very well. You may be asking - "Well, where is Jack this whole time?" The Subletts were very sweet to offer and keep him and they live conviently close to the store... in fact, they are the ones who introduced me to 1/2 of 1/2. Amber comes to church every Sunday sporting the cutest clothtes that she finds there for amazing prices.

After 1/2 of 1/2, Brent takes me to my next choice store - JoAnn's Fabrics! I love fabric stores but I always have such a hard time choosing which fabric I want for my projects. I have a ton of projects sitting in Jack's closet just waiting for me to finish one day. Who knows when I'll have time to do that.

After shopping in Little Rock, we got Jack and headed to Conway where we grabbed some Cracker Barrell to go and a Red Box Rental movie. For those of you who don't know - Red Box is a rental at McDonald's and WalMart that only cost $1!!! I think that's way better than the usual $4 Blockbuster rental.

You may think that's the end of April Fest '08 - but nope... my good friend Amber Mullins threw me a party the next weekend! She is always so wonderful about making everyone feel so special on their birthday. She brought dinner to our house and showered me with gifts! She made cupcakes and Jello Jigglers too!!! It was quite the celebration. Melissa, Drew, and JB also came over and we all got to sit and chat and adore Anna Claire (Drew and Melissa's new baby)

I think that was the end of April Fest '08. Thanks to my family who all called and serenaded me. Each rendition of "Happy Birthday" was unique and special in it's very own way :)

No comments: