August 3, 2008

LivingStones Week 2008


Camp was July 13-19. There is a lot to post about camp so we'll see how much I can get in one blog.


First of all - it was an awesome week of fun and praising God again at Camp Caudle. We always have good, well-behaved campers at our camp session. I would like to thank some very special people that helped to make the week all possible (yes, I'm sounding like the I just won an Oscar again). But here goes....

Cooks - The week would not even be close to possible without you. I LOVE being at camp for a week and not having to think about cooking one meal for my family. Not only that - but I get to eat 3 meals a day, be stuffed as full as I want AND I DON'T HAVE TO CLEAN UP! Now, I will say that, each team did have kp (kitchen patrol) duty everyday... but, thankfully, I'm not on a team :) To Ms.BettyLou .... your upside down pineapple cake was as delicious as always. I look forward to it every year.

Counselors - This year we were worried about not having enough counselors and we didn't end up with just a bunch... but the few we got were WONDERFUL! Thank you so much to each of you for sacraficing a week of your time (most of you your only vacation from work) to help lead these kids to Christ. I wish I could type about each of you on my blog - but I think I might lose some readers if I typed a novel on here. Seriously - we couldn't make it without all of you guys and I pray that you will come back next year.

Lee & Andrea - I want to thank Lee and Andrea for being, not only great friends, but great camp directors and servants. Andrea went to camp 9 months pregnant and watched Noah, their 2 year old son!!! Yes, she is amazing (more to come on another post of her delivery). I really appreciate those two for all the hard work they put into planning the activities and sermons.

Mom & Dad - Last year my parents started coming to Camp Caudle to help out. Mom was a counselor last year but this year she was named "full-time grandma". Dad is the official "Camp Photographer", which is awesome because I don't have to even think about the photos and I know that every photo is going to be GREAT. He also works very hard at putting a slideshow together for the kids by the end of the week. It's always a highlight to everyone. Thank you mom and dad for being so wonderful and selfless. I know that I would not have been able to be a part of camp if it wasn't for my mother watching Jack for me. She is the toughest Granny ever carrying around Jack in his little baby backpack everywhere. She made sure he was fed and napped well and brought him to me for every nursing. I don't think it was torture on Granny to watch Jack... I'm pretty sure she enjoyed every minute of it - but still I'm forever grateful.

The activities were "off the chain", as the kids would say. We had:
• a giant slip'n'slide
• mud pit games
• canoe races
• prayer walk
• marshmallow towers
• capture the flag
• cardboard boat races!
• scripture scavenger hunt
... and much more

Our classes were:
• health and fitness (taught by Katy)
• backpacking (taught by me, April)
• fly tying (taught by Brent)
• canoeing (taught by Lee)

and now for the pictures....

Brent wrestling the kids on the gigantic trampoline...



Images from my backpacking class...





Images from Brent's fly tying class...





Canoe Games...





Fun in the mud pit...



Health and Fitness class - looks like Antonio is getting a good workout...



I loved the prayer walk this year...



And now some photos of the cutest boy on earth...











This will make you smile...



The End

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had a blast at camp. The water activities look like so much fun! Love the picutes of Lou and Jack. I'll be happy when she comes back to the states for good, too. I miss seeing her smiling face.